At the Venue:
Our workshop will take place at Unipark Nonntal, one of Salzburg University’s main campuses. For the entire workshop, we will be in room 4.201.
To get there, you have to enter the building via its main entrance, take the elevator to the rooftop, and follow the signs from there.
Arriving in Salzburg:
From Salzburg Central Train Station: Public transport is perhaps the most convenient way to get from the train station to Unipark Nonntal. Take bus lines 3, 5, 6, or 25 and get off at the stop “Justizgebäude” (the ride should take about 12-15 minutes). From here, you only have to walk about 50 meters into Petersbrunnstraße until you reach the university building.
From Salzburg Airport: The easiest connection from the airport to Unipark Nonntal is bus line 10. Get off at the stop “Justizgebäude” (the ride schould take about 25 minutes), and walk into Petersbrunnstraße until you reach the university campus.
For details about connections, visit the website of Salzburg’s public transport services (Salzburg Verkehr).
What to do if you get lost: If you have any trouble finding your way around Salzburg, please contact Elisabeth or Christoph via phone. Confirmed workshop attendees will receive our cell phone numbers in due time via mail.
Salzburg offers a great variety of hostels, hotels, and other kinds of accommodation at different price rates. Here is a short list of options:
- JUFA Hotel is located right next to Unipark Nonntal, our conference venue, and in walking distance from Salzburg’s historic old town.
- Hotel Kasererbräu is also located in close proximity to both the conference venue and Salzburg’s historic old town. Please note that this option is a little more expensive.
- Other hotel options include Hotel Motel One or Holiday Inn Salzburg.
- YOHO Hostel is perhaps the cheapest option – if you do not mind sleeping in a dorm room. The hostel is located near Salzburg’s central train station.
- Located on top of the Mönchsberg, one of Salzburg’s city “mountains,” the hostel Stadt Alm offers one of the best views over the city. It is cheap, but only offers dorm rooms and is a little more complicated to reach.